Sunny Pathway

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Our Youngest Grandchildren

I have a special treat today. At least it seems special to me. Pictures of our youngest grandchildren.




Those who have followed this blog for some time know we have a son living in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. In October of last year we met him and his family in Ethiopia for their second baby's baptism.


A trip of that magnitude isn't something we did lightly. Both this blog and my Red, Red Berries blog featured the trip. I focused on the children and their parents plus the event. It was worthy, interesting subject matter, and it was hard for me to think of anything else at the time.


Equally obvious, we haven't seen their family since then. With their first baby we received pictures regularly, but Mom and Dad are typical in that they haven't chronicled this second child as often they did the first. We haven't had a lot of pictures to look at.


Let me tell you that Grandpa and Grandma went kinda crazy when they came. Simon has changed a bit, but Salome was especially exciting to behold. As Ken said, we really needed to see our little girl as she's beginning to develop.


Ted said the pictures were staged. They were billed as "Simon and Salome Reading." I'm not sure which picture came first, but here you see their faces. (I especially enjoyed the activity of the first picture!)



Aren't they beautiful?

No comments: